Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Lately this book has been checked out frequently in my library and I always tell them when they do that it is a fantastic read. If anyone has never read this piece..PLEASE DO! Its such an easy read and it will honestly touch you. I say this because the book is about a boy who has autism or the more specifically aspergers syndrome. (the character never directly states this, however, the details on the book sometimes state it) Autism does not directly affect me in general but it affects families all over. Its a great piece to get a perspective on what this boys life is like because well, it is written from the boys point of view. I think Mark Haddon did a fantastic job personifying this young boy and at first I thought he had Autism himself. It takes a talent to create that type of thought process in a reader. There are interesting details within this book; for example the chapters are only numbered prime numbers because they are the boys favorite numbers and he is a math wiz! I don't want to get too much into it because it really would take away the story. However, it is a quick and easy read and you will enjoy it greatly. I remember when I used to recommend it for summer reading, I had parents and grandparents thanking me because their child actually read it and enjoyed it :) So take the time yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment