Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Current Job Market

I am currently working on a paper type analysis for my library admin. class. Basically I had to do a SWOT analysis on myself and the current job market. SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Not sure how I feel now after doing this. Mind you, I am in my second semester, but I REALLY need to figure out how to gain more experience.  I think that is half of what I found is that I do not have the experience yet for some of the jobs I am currently interested in.Certainly school will allow me so much, and same with my job. I need to start volunteering, however time is my little problem. School full time and work full time leave me not much time at all! I would love to do an internship or something of that matter but I don't have the capability because I am on my own! I will definitely try to volunteer at VA hospital in the spring. I can do that on my fridays off hopefully! Lord knows id be basically working 6 days but I need to gain the experience some how. I also will want to work reference when I can at the main library on campus. I need to gain reference experience and learning more how to do it! My brain right now is just tired thinking of it all!!
And on that note..more motivational pictures and such :)



No comments:

Post a Comment