Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Its podcast time!!!

I am so excited about this podcast..seeing as it took me a couple tries to convert it to an MP3 format. Technology and I just do not get along for the world! As we know my blog title is the addictedreader27. I wanted to do a podcast talking about a book favorite of mine and hopefully have this as a recommendation for other readers. I wanted to give a little background of my favorite reads, why I love the book and a little bit of information on what the book is about. I am a very enthusiastic reader, and I would hope to want to get other people to be just as enthusiastic about what they are reading. For the first podcast, if you are into historical fiction, it will introduce you to one of my favorite books that I have read recently. That book is His Last Letter; Elizabeth I and the Earl of Leicester by Jeane Westin. I hope you all enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. I really liked your Podcast. I too love Medieval history (especially the artwork from that period). One of the greatest love stories is that of Elizabeth I and Robert Dudley, and you did a great job of giving listeners an idea of what the book is about, as well as explaining why you loved the book. I too will not spoil how this love affair ends, but for a relationship spanning over 30 years, I can see how his book is worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was honestly fantastic! I have another book of hers as well that I plan on reading..i got these books when borders was going out of business :( great finds sad how i found them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed hearing a podcast that did not have to be delivered at a slow pace such as mine, giving directions. You obviously had a well laid out dialogue and flowed through it perfectly. This sound like a very interesting book and I would definitely consider reading it, based on your enthusiasm alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad! That was what I wanted! I am very enthusiastic about particular reads and this was one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read something similiar (The Other Boleyn Girl) through a book discussion several years back and thought that was a very interesting book as well. I thought your podcast was very well done. Just listening to your podcast made me want to read the book. It is obvious you care a lot about what you read. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is actually my favorite book! I love Phillipa Gregory..she is my absolute favorite historical fiction author and I have read all her pieces!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your energy in this podcast! I also love all things Tudor Dynasty, and have always been intrigued by this love story. I hadn't heard of the book until now, but it is definitely on my reading list now! Thanks for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful podcast. I love to read just about anything, so I'm definitely putting it on my list. I like Philippa Gregory and this sounds right up my alley. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, I am so jealous of your lively, energetic voice. I told my husband, I do not have a radio/podcast voice. You clearly took time with your script and laid out the review well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah if you all love Phillipa Gregory you will enjoy this piece. I have many other recommendations if need be. I will probably start posting them on here :)

    ReplyDelete